Customer story: FI.CO. Ltd. found new production premises in Jyväskylä
FI.CO. moved to premises that better support business. LogisTila served as a support for the space search with international characteristics.
FI.CO. Ltd. is a company that manufactures and sells various cleaning technology equipment, such as sewer maintenance equipment. The company sells equipment not only in Finland but also in other Nordic countries and Central Europe.
The company was founded in 2021 as a new company after the bankruptcy of the former Ficote Ltd.. Ficote started manufacturing drain cleaning equipment already in 1976. The Italian Cappellotto SpA bought the bankruptcy estate and continued the operation by establishing FI.CO. Ltd.
The company's premises were previously located in Laukaa's Vihtavuori. Last year, however, the company felt that the facilities no longer served the operation well enough.
– The premises in Vihtavuori, which we had been using since the beginning, clearly started to be too small and too old. This is why we started looking for new premises, says FI.CO. Ltd. CEO Tanja Ylikitti.
LogisTila's local area manager, Henri Kumpulainen, was recommended to Ylikitti as a partner in the premises search.
– Henri and I went to look at a couple of premises, but they were not suitable, for example because of the low ceiling. Then Henri announced that there was space available on Helmintie in Jyväskylä, and we immediately went to see it. We stated that everything we need is here, Ylikitti says.
– I approached the owner of the rented premises that I knew a potential customer. An assignment was reached with the owner, and after that the space rental negotiations began to progress quickly, area manager Henri Kumpulainen explains.
The rental process, which started quickly, encountered surprising and very instructive situations along the way before the contracts could be signed.
– The corona situation, the differences between the Finnish and Italian rental culture and the clarification of these issues affected the renting of the premises, among other things. However, the cooperation was clear, straightforward and even very intense at times. Everything was done in a good spirit, says Kumpulainen.
– Even though the process was long and at times, the work was done well and now we are happy here in the new premises, Ylikitti continues.
FI.CO. moved to production facilities of approximately 4,000 square meters during the fall and the official opening was held on December 13th. The company did not have to make major changes to the premises, the premises were almost ready for use.
FI.CO is very satisfied with the premises brokerage service received from LogisTila.
– I have nothing but good things to say about Henri. He took care of things very well and helped to solve problem situations. In addition, he was always available when we had ambiguities or questions, Ylikitti thanks.